Bishop Monkton CE Primary has been a member of the Yorkshire Ridings Maths Hub for several years. Our pupils, and staff, have benefitted greatly from the knowledge gained though the collaboration this participation brings.
During the 2022-2023 academic year, we are participating in the following Maths Hub workgroups:
1. Sustaining Mastery
Participation in this work group will ensure our staff continue to:
- enhance their mathematical subject knowledge, emphasising key areas of maths
- learn how to establish an effective collaborative planning culture
- plan, teach and reflect collaboratively to provide a coherent mastery curriculum
- continue to refine school structures and systems to embed and sustain mastery
- continue to ensure a sustainable model for collaborative planning and ongoing specialist subject knowledge development for all teachers.
2. Mastering Number (EYFS)
Participation in this work group will ensure that our staff continue to:
- develop skills in working in a professional learning community, reflecting with other colleagues on their own practice, and refining skills through support and challenge within a community
- develop a secure understanding of how to build firm mathematical foundations with a stronger subject and pedagogical understanding for EYFS and KS1
- work to develop intentional teaching strategies focused on developing fluency in calculation and number sense for ALL children
- develop understanding and their use of appropriate manipulatives to support their teaching of mathematical structures.